This is an evaluation and testing activity to analyze the current process of integrating a new resource. We will create a new test resource and run through the current steps to both introduce a new Level1 Service Provider and a new resource and document everything that is complicated, confusing, or didn’t work and how it can be improved.
- (Lee) Why is GRAM listed as a component to test and UNICORE is not?
- XSEDE prioritized and funded in PY4/5 a GRAM5 upgrade because at least 2 SPs and some gateways depend on it. Because XSEDE prioritized and funded UNICORE 6 delivery, we should test it also, although we have no SPs on record that are interested in operating it. So, GRAM5 and UNICORE 6 have been moved to the last things we test and are of low priority in the revised test plan document.
- (Lee) Why test GridFTP and GSI-SSH?
- We are looking for feedback on where our documentation and processes are confusing, unclear, or in any other way could be improved.
- (Lee) Should we test a cloud and data resource too?
- We are targeting the available XSEDE software and not a particular resource type.
- (Victor) Ask tester's to review SP checklist
- Changed Step 2 to "Review SP Checklist and follow instructions to integrate each component available to a new SP Level 1 resource".
- (Victor) Ask tester to verify CA Certificate Installer and fetch-crl tool
- Changed xsede-ca-certificates to "CA Certificate Installer" and added verification of fetch-crl tool
Review Output Documents (Final)
Review Input Documents
- Acceptance test plan
- Testing resources
- Comet virtual clusters
- Note: waiting on production environment to be ready
- Comet virtual clusters
Test environment and facilities: The test environment needed to adequately to validate this component is described. Should indicate also whether testing can be performed within a VM and if not, the reasons for it.
Assumptions: Lists any assumptions needed before testing can begin (e.g., accounts needed).
Test procedures, cases, and scenarios: Lists the tests that should be run or an associated test suite and expected performance metrics if applicable.
ScheduleCurrent Date: 2019-08-19
Current Status: Closed (Test Readiness Review)
|Target Date||Actual Date||Activity Milestone|
|2016-09-23||Review launch date|
|2016-09-30||2016-10-10||Written feedback due (Reviewers)|
|2016-10-03||2016-10-17||Written response date (Review Material Developers)|
|2016-10-04||2016-10-17||Final approval due and completion date (Reviewers)|
Review Last Updated: 2016-10-17 1:29 pm
If you are a reviewer, please login to sign or withdraw from this review.
- Victor Hazlewood
SIGNED: 2016-10-10 11:37
- Christopher Irving
SIGNED: 2016-09-29 19:45
- Jim Basney
SIGNED: 2016-09-27 11:15
- Richard Knepper
SIGNED: 2016-09-30 11:02
- Lee Liming
- John-Paul Navarro
SIGNED: 2016-09-27 16:20
Review Material Developers