SDIACT-178 delivers 1) an updated ipf-xsede component used by SPs to publish software information in GLUE 2.0 format (originally delivered with SDIACT-107), 2) a new sub-component of ipf-xsede for SPs to publish service information in GLUE 2.0 format, 3) a new information services warehouse on info1.dyn.xsede.org that stores all GLUE 2.0 published information, and 4) a new RESTful interface to GLUE 2.0 and other content in the information services warehouse. Information services warehouse content will be used by the user portal, science gateways, and other consumers and be accessible via RESTful APIs at info1.dyn.xsede.org.
- (Peter, Shava) User guide is unclear
- JP updated URLs in user guide and provided an example
- (JP) Admin guide is not written for new SP w/o experience with CTSS kits or globus-mds
- Will add new documentation to the admin guide
- (Peter, Tabitha) How to install if machine already has 107 code
- Eric notes that either an update or uninstall/reinstall should work fine
- (Tabitha) Does code install different module formats
- Eric says the code should be able to handle it; just the design documentation may need to be updated
- (Tabitha) How do text files for services get created?
- Eric added new documentation to install guide
Review Input Documents
Materials for SDIACT-178 are linked below and have been checked into SVN at:
Software (use the latest revision below)
- Design/Security overview
- Installation guide
- Deployment Plan
- User guide
- Defect, issue, and risk reporting
- See SDIACT-178 test plan below
- Acceptance test plan
- Testing resources
- hpcdev-pub04.sdsc.edu (Peter)
- gram.blacklight.psc.xsede.org (Bryon)
- darter.nics.xsede.org (Tabitha)
Package information: All software packages (e.g., server and client packages) for this CI are listed.
Documentation and Installation instructions: The deployment plan for this CI on XSEDE is clearly described as well as the installation instructions and any XSEDE specific configuration instructions.
Test environment and facilities: The test environment needed to adequately to validate this component is described. Should indicate also whether testing can be performed within a VM and if not, the reasons for it.
Assumptions: Lists any assumptions needed before testing can begin (e.g., accounts needed).
Test procedures, cases, and scenarios: Lists the tests that should be run or an associated test suite and expected performance metrics if applicable.
Defect, issue, and risk reporting: Deployment plans should include defect and issue reporting information. The testing plan could reference that same information from the deployment plan, or provide alternate information if defects and issues need to be reported differently during testing. Risks, as well as defects and issues, should be part of the testing report.
ScheduleCurrent Date: 2019-01-18
Current Status: Closed (Joint SD&I and Operations Readiness Review)
|Target Date||Actual Date||Activity Milestone|
|2015-11-10||Review launch date|
|2015-11-17||Written feedback due (Reviewers)|
|2015-11-20||2015-11-23||Written response date (Review Material Developers)|
|2015-11-23||2015-12-01||Final approval due and completion date (Reviewers)|
Review Last Updated: 2015-12-01 9:38 am
If you are a reviewer, please login to sign or withdraw from this review.
- Peter Enstrom
SIGNED: 2015-11-17 10:58
- Bryon Gill
SIGNED: 2015-11-12 08:35
- Tabitha Samuel
SIGNED: 2015-12-01 11:12
- Shava Smallen
SIGNED: 2015-11-17 10:26
Review Material Developers