Community Software Areas (CSAs) give software providers the ability to install
and share software on XSEDE allocated resources.
To support a Community Software Area on your resource:
- Mark support in RDR. Within your RDR Compute Sub-Resource:
- Set the “Community Software Area (CSA) Support” flag to True
- Set the “CSA E-mail” for users to request CSA areas or support (can be firstname.lastname@example.org or some other e-mail)
- Enter a “CSA Feature User Description” that informs potential and current CSA software owners important details like space quotas and if you backup CSAs.
- Upgrade to IPF 1.4 or newer, latest recommended
- Set up CSA base directory(ies)
- Publish modules if CSA owners request it: IPF Module Publishing documentation.
User documentation for CSAs can be found at https://www.xsede.org/ecosystem/software.