The Pegasus team (https://pegasus.isi.edu), and XSEDE’s Extended Collaborative Support Service (ECSS) and Cyberinfrastructure Integration (XCI) groups are working together to make scientific workflow capabilities more accessible to XSEDE users and Science Gateways developers. We are looking for interested XSEDE SPs and XSEDE allocated researchers or Science Gateway developers who can participate in a pilot over the next few months.
Service providers that participate will be asked to:
- Help ECSS and the Pegasus team identify more researchers who could benefit from science workflows and could be part of the pilot
- Agree to run a single HTCondor SchedD service on a login or similar node for Pegasus users of your resource. This service will support workflows that are submitted and run only on your resource. We estimate SP effort to setup the service at 1-2 hours.
- Agree to have your resource listed in Pegasus availability announcements and introductory training the Pegasus team will prepare for XSEDE users.
Researchers and Science Gateway developers that participate will be asked to:
- Already have an XSEDE allocation, or request a new startup allocation on a participating SP resource
- Learn how to use Pegasus from available documentation and online training
- Use firstname.lastname@example.org or resources at https://pegasus.isi.edu/ to obtain Pegasus support
- Briefly share their experiences using Pegasus with our team
The Pegasus team, ECSS, and XCI will support pilot users along with volunteer SPs.
If you want to participate in the pilot, please e-mail email@example.com by March 31, 2021.
- The Pegasus, ECSS, and XCI Teams