I also asked Christopher to specifically test a bad resource name since neither of them verified that scenario — do you know if your code detects that? Sometimes admins enter the wrong resource name so I wanted that tested specifically.
The API uses the API_ID and API_KEY to verify that it is a valid copy of xdusage talking to it.
In production, the API_ID and the resource name specified in the configuration file would be the same. In testing, a different, unique API_ID would be used.
In either case, a different resource name can be specified from the command line to change what machine data is being queried for. I do have a new function check_resource() that I use to check the resource name specified in the configuration file. I did not add any checks to the user information specified on the command line although thinking about it now I should have. It would be very easy to add this check for a resource name specified as a command line argument.