I recommend a more extensive introduction paragraph the explains the role of IPF in the XSEDE environment, and motivates the SP to configure all the workflows and proactively make sure that IPF is working on their system. Also recommend a visual re-make of this document so that it's more visually appealing perhaps using Markdown.
- Item 1 and 4 should be combine since there is only one module workflow now.
- "The module files must be readable" appears twice
- Make "In addition .." a requirement rather that mention it separately
- Need to specific python-amqp version requirements
- Change SD&I to XCI
- Rather than duplicate repo trust setup, point to appropriate online instructions at:
- Should step 3) be done as xdinfo? Recommend this entire section be clear about which user to perform all these steps in.
- Make step 4) about configuring ipf_workflow clearer.
Updating an ipf-xsede.installation
- Mentions json files that haven't been explained before. Recommend some additional explanation of workflows and of the *.json configuration files tach each workflow uses. If appropriate explain this earlier in the doc.
- The /etc/ipf backup best practice appears after RPM/tar installation instructions. This should be mentioned in the installation instructions.
Configuring Torque Logging
- Need to review/expand this to mention all supported schedulers (like slurm)
Configure Service Files
- Remove all Teragrid kit and legacy references which are no longer relevant
- Remove references to mds-stopgap
Best Practices for Software publishing
- Need to explain what to publish into SupportContact, whether field values or URL reference to external information
- Remove references to deprecated workflows. Make sure the workflow name is consistent with the name at the beginning of the document.