The IPR4 Reporting Process will commence soon. The Reporting Period for IPR4 is August 2017 – October 2017 or RY2 PY2. Your L2 Project Manager will be in contact with you to assist in generating the report and your respective sections. We understand that this reporting cycle aligns with SC17 and we’ve done our best to accommodate schedules. However, we are asking that everyone be essentially on call the weekend of 11/11 and 11/12 to respond to John's comments and questions as he reviews the content of the report.
To facilitate the reporting process, please find the schedule of important dates below.
||All L2 text (including L3 text) due to PMs (recommendation: L3 text due 11/2 to PMs, PMs give text to L2s 11/4)
||All text due in GoogleDocs by PMs, including copy edits
||KPIs calculated and analyzed
||Level 1 Highlights & Summary (Ron)
||John edit content
||Responses to John’s edits
|11/13 - 11/14
||Leslie F. format report
The template identifies the sections that require reporting period updates. To facilitate the drafting of this document, we have created placeholders in the GoogleDoc template provided. Anything highlighted in green will need to be updated.
- In the Area Metrics table, you will need to provide a value: (1) in the RY2 RP2 column. You will see that this table cell has been highlighted green for your convenience.
- In addition to supplying the values for the Area Metrics tables, please provide a succinct response to these questions in your narrative following the table: (1) Are you meeting your targets? (2) If not, why not? and (3) What are your plans to fix the issue? The rule of thumb to answering these questions and to providing additional detail regarding the metrics is, “if I were the NSF or review panel, what questions would I ask?”
- For a quarterly metric target that , and for consistency purposes, please simply write “This target was met.”
- Area Highlights: L2 Directors are being asked to write a short, cohesive narrative of the successes of their area. To facilitate this, the L3 managers are being asked to provide a short, 1-2 paragraph summary in the L2 “Area Highlights.”
- The report should be consistent in writing style and level of detail.
- The report should be written in first person where possible.
- Section contents should be written in an essay type format (not sub-headings by L3 or metrics).
- All figures should have figure captions with labels and be directly referenced from the text.
o For example:
- A figure should be captioned as Figure [X] with a brief description.
- In the actual text, refer to the figure as Figure [X]. Do direct the reader to a position on the page when referencing figure (i.e., see figure at the right).
- Reporting period v. quarter: Now that we have transitioned our reports to Interim Project Reports, we need to align our language accordingly. As such, please refer to the period as “reporting period” as opposed to “quarter” in the text.
- All computational system names should be italiziced (e.g., Bridges, Stampede).
- Use only one (1) space after a period.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, your area project manager or Karla Gendler (firstname.lastname@example.org).